Monday 28 July 2014

Independent Hermes Authenticators


I was at a gathering some days ago and a close friend asked me a question point blank.

" I was telling my friends about you and they asked, with all the recent scams, how can they tell if a bag is Authentic?"

I get that a lot, and it's tough explaining the meticulous attention to detail and various factors going into an authentic Hermes especially a vintage piece.

To most, unseasoned eyes, it's understandable to apply the rule of thumb on new pieces to vintage pieces but, many enthusiast are unaware that the Hermes Logo, Zipper, Shoulder strap and dustbags have changed over time. Thus rendering that guide partially useless. 

The conversation continued ... " My friend got cheated, a Hermes staff highly recommended a reseller and confirmed that the bag was real, sometime later, when she wanted to sell it, another reseller refused to accept that bag, telling her it was fake. " In such a scenario, which reseller is telling the truth? Sadly, the bag turned out to be fake.

There are other horror stories where they asked a friend to purchase a Brand New In Box with Receipt Piece and it was fake too. Thus my lack of stock on the availability of receipts.

I really feel for these people.

I personally scrutinize every bag for authenticity and go further then most resellers by providing an internationally reputable authenticity cert.

There are many well known providers for such a service,

However, it is my company's policy to only accept and use Bababebi. We are not affiliated in anyway.

Over the years of sourcing for Hermes bags and looking at authenticity certificates. I have found flaws and errors in many certificates. I have been completely satisfied with her level of scrutiny, service and after service. She maybe more pricey then the others, but definitely worthwhile.

Here are some samples of her work.






No comments:

Post a Comment